On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Felix Frank wrote:
On 06/12/2012 08:53 PM, Scott Merrill wrote:
I built a test client, and from the top-level Puppet Master I ran
`puppet cert generate test.domain`.  I installed the generated files
onto the test machine. However, this test client is unable to connect
to any of the subordinate Masters. I get the following error:
I'm shooting in the dark here, but have you tried copying the generated
certificates to you subordinate masters as well? I.e., in /var/lib/ssl/ca...
Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't tried that before. I just did, but
it didn't change the error message.

I should have pointed out that each subordinate master has "ca =
false" in puppet.conf, to ensure that none of the subordinate masters
try to do any CA stuff. All CA activities should only be performed on
the top-level master.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott