On 06/07/2012 03:29 PM, Jistan Idiot wrote:
Finally, I don't think this is going to work for the next thing I want
to tackle. I have a group of websevers that I'm going to start managing
with puppet. The uids and gids are not consistent across them. I'm
going to want puppet to fix that since there are way too many to do
manually.
I don't believe that puppet is the right tool for this job.

If I were in your shoes, I'd use puppet to deploy a script that takes
care of the logistics behind the task at hand, have it run, then get rid
of it once you're clear.

HTH,
Felix