On May 25, 12:48 pm, Ed Greenberg wrote:
I have the error err: Invalid argument - /var/lib/puppet/state/
puppetdlock   appearing on one of my servers.

I have plenty of disk and plenty of inodes.

The daemon is not running.  I run it manually using /usr/sbin/puppetd
--verbose --no-daemonize --onetime --server=xxx --fqdn=yyy

There is no file /var/lib/puppet/state/puppetdlock and there is a root
writable directory /var/lib/puppet/state

Suggestions, please?

Are you running puppetd as root / via sudo?

Can root "touch /var/lib/puppet/state/puppetdlock"? Alternatively,
can root "/usr/sbin/puppetd --disable"?

Are all the directories in the path /var/lib/puppet/state traversible
by root?

Is SELinux running in enforcing mode?

Is the filesystem mounted read-write?

John