I have the error err: Invalid argument - /var/lib/puppet/state/
puppetdlock appearing on one of my servers.

I have plenty of disk and plenty of inodes.

The daemon is not running. I run it manually using /usr/sbin/puppetd
--verbose --no-daemonize --onetime --server=xxx --fqdn=yyy

There is no file /var/lib/puppet/state/puppetdlock and there is a root
writable directory /var/lib/puppet/state

Suggestions, please?

Thanks,

Ed G