On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Philip Brown wrote:
On Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:40:44 AM UTC-7, Gary Larizza wrote:

Philip,

The puppet-module gem behavior has been merged into the core Puppet as of
2.7.14 and includes the functionality you describe. `puppet help module`
should get you the help you need, and `puppet help module uninstall` should
describe the action :)
Ah. well, thats good news.... But I thought that the gem was supposed to
give equivalent functionality to the new 'core' stuff.

Are you saying then, that the gem "puppet-module" is a dead end, and is
becoming basically incompatible, and my only choice is to attempt to
convince central change management to update puppet core everywhere?
This would not be a good thing for me :(

For more options, visit this group at
The gem should continue to function as it has, but it is no longer the tool
we're advocating. Ongoing development will happen on the version in core,
and new functionality is unlikely to be backported.

Having said that, listing your installed modules is as easy as running an
`ls` over your modulepath, and removing an installed module is an `rm -r`
of the module's directory.