As a courtesy update for our user community:

My earlier claims about the "lookup" function were exaggerated. Instead,
the "hiera", "hiera_array", and "hiera_hash" functions will all be
available, provided by Hiera.

Also, as mentioned earlier, class parameters will be sourced from multiple
locations, with the following priorities:
- Hardcoded in the manifest (e.g. class { "foo": bar => "baz" })
- Supplied by an ENC
- Automatic namespaced data lookup in Hiera
- Class-specified default value

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
- Pieter