Basically I'm looking to only update certain things on the node until
a change is indicated and then approved on the Puppet Master.
We are comparing Puppet and Spacewalk and it seems that Spacewalk has
this functionality whereas the open source version of Puppet doesn't,
if our analysis is correct.

Brian, thank you very much for your reply and especially the links.
Rather than create an extension to replicate the functionality via the
console dashboard. I wonder if I can do any sort of compliance
functionality via the command line. Of course in conjunction with the
audit metaparameter in the manifests.

I'll look into that but if anybody has advise on how to accomplish
that I'd appreciate hearing about it.
If others are interested I'll share how I accomplished compliance
functionality via the command line, if I'm able to do it.

Thomas