On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Chris Hirsch wrote:
Are there any patterns or recommendations on uninstalling or downgrading a
puppet module (read as software) on a node?
I have a puppet-newrelic module for a pay-per-seat monitoring package
that I uninstall when I'm done using it on a particular server. I
patterned my class after the puppet 'package' type, adding an ensure
=> present parameter to my class, which I set to absent when I'm done
with it. I'm sure you could use conditionals to do what you need with
ensure => <version>.