On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 07:20:10AM -0700, Maurice Meeden wrote:
Hi group,

we want to manage our authorized_keys with puppet and are trying
ssh_authorized_keys. Everything works as expected, but if ~/.ssh/
authorized_keys contains en empty line, puppet raises an error and
generate a complete new file:

debug: Prefetching parsed resources for ssh_authorized_key
err: Could not prefetch ssh_authorized_key provider 'parsed': Could
not parse line "" at /root/.ssh/authorized_keys:3

If the line contains a blank, it works. How can we change this
behaviour? We've looked into /usr/lib64/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/puppet/
provider/ssh_authorized_key/parsed.rb but I believe the match
statement is correct:

text_line :blank, :match => /^\s+/
The match means »one or more whitespace characters at the beginning of

text_line :blank, :match => /^\s*$/

which means »beginning of a line, followed by zero, one or more
whitespace characters, followed by the end of line.

Would you mind opening a ticket on redmine? This is clearly a bug
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues

-Stefan