What I see in these examples is a need for a way of manipulating the
data (collect,
select, reject, etc.). Once the data is manipulated correctly, then
create_resources and title expansion can take over.

+1

In my own (small) use of Puppet lately, I've keenly felt the lack of data
transformation function, even as simple as "I've got a list of usernames, I
want a list of paths to their .bashrc files". Totally doable with a
defined type, but ridiculously verbose for what most Rubyists (and JAPHs,
and Pythonistas) would consider a one-line task.

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Eric Sorenson