On Dec 8, 2014, at 10:17 AM, // ravi wrote:

Closer inspection reveals what might be the issue: if you take the idle time reported to be not in ms, but 100*ms (where 100 = GNU/Linux clock ticks per sec), then it starts to seem right. Throwing away the *100, the idle times become:

393117729
393117901
393118080
393118246

Or approx 2s, 1s, 2s each.

The above is a bit wrong. To account for the clock ticks per second, I cannot just throw away the *100, I have to throw away ms_per_sec/clock_ticks_per_sec = 1000/100 = 10. Which gives me the times, in ms:

3931177290
3931179010
3931180800
3931182460

Or idle durations of approx 1.7s, 1.8s, 1.6s.

The corrected math above also clears away my earlier confusion about the higher than expected granularity of the times.That is no longer the case. The times above have a granularity of 1/100th of a second (the last digit is always zero in the ms), which is exactly the granularity that the OS reports at.

  —ravi

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/