Hello Niral,

I'd ask if it's necessary for the server to request the data from the
clients. If not, then we can really use Node to it's strengths.

Using Node it's very easy to setup a REST JSON API. Search the internet for
tutorials using the Express library.

Then on the client you can use Python to make HTTP requests to the Node
server delivering the data in a JSON format. The beauty of using node for a
situation like this is two fold: asynchronous and native JSON.

JSON is a common HTTP communication format. Drawing the line in the sand
here, between your server and client, is commonly referred to as loose
coupling. It doesn't matter what choice of language or tech you use on the
client side as long as it communicates using JSON HTTP requests.

Asynchronous means that your Node server, if written correctly, can accept
many requests at once. This will allow you to scale your sensor network to
use a large number of clients.

If you truly need the server to make requests to the sensors then you'll
need to setup a "server", to accept requests, on the client as well.
Two-way communication will be more complex.

Chris