On Dec 4, 2013, at 11:30AM, Alex Kocharin wrote:

Yeah, I noticed how node is breaking from this tradition and losing developers for no reason because of that. Nice damn job.
The break in tradition is done in order to appeal to people who have traditionally not engaged in open source because of these human factors you don't believe exist. Many of us do believe they exist, a lot has already been written about them, if you'd like some resources to read we can start another thread about it.

If people are not engaging in this project because we expect them to be civil then that's the tradeoff we have to make in order to appeal to all the people that won't engage with a community that is not civil.

Good job indeed.

-Mikeal

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

---