You could consider using blpop instead of setInterval. Also redis-stream
was written in part for this purpose.

1. http://redis.io/commands/blpop
2. https://github.com/tblobaum/redis-stream/blob/master/example/simple.js

Thomas Blobaum
https://github.com/tblobaum

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Tom Dunn wrote:

Oh wow, major overlook - https://github.com/TomDunn/node-taskqueue

On Friday, 12 April 2013 17:34:09 UTC-4, Tom Dunn wrote:

Hello all!

I am somewhat new here, but have been using nodejs and javascript in
general for some time now. I needed a way to distribute task created by an
initiator to some number of workers.

This is a quick prototype that I hacked together yesterday. If anyone has
any feedback to give, I would greatly appreciate it. Specifically I am
looking for feedback regarding my design, and whether or not there is
interest in this.

Thanks!
Tom
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/