Hi Dan,

This is probably question about express so you should use this group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/express-js

I think I had a similar issue and the trick was to return something or at
least set result code.

I defined a helper method in app.js

app.resource = function(path, obj) {
this.get(path, obj.getList);
this.get(path + '/:id', function(req, res){
obj.get(req, res, parseInt(req.params.id, 10));
});
this.del(path + '/:id', function(req, res){
obj.delete(req, res, parseInt(req.params.id, 10));
});
this.put(path + '/:id', function(req, res){
obj.put(req, res, parseInt(req.params.id, 10));
});
this.post(path, obj.post);
};

then use it for routes definition

app.resource('/projects', require('./routes/project'));

and finally the routes looks like this

exports.put = function(req, res, id) {

// updating logic ...

res.json({id: id});