I'm using unix sockets of 'net' -module to send events between desktop
compositor and apps on linux.

I know unix sockets would let me to retrieve ucred -struct, which tells me
pid, gid and uid of the process. But node.js doesn't seem to have API for
that. How do I get this information otherwise?

If I get it through the socket itself, I cannot know whether it's correct.
Though I'm doing that workaround if I won't get it otherwise.

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/