If you havent seen redis-stream, it might help a bit.
https://github.com/tblobaum/redis-stream

var Redis = require('redis-stream')
, client = new Redis('localhost', 6379, 0)
, subscribe = client.stream('subscribe')

subscribe.pipe(process.stdout)
subscribe.write('channel-one')

Thomas Blobaum
https://github.com/tblobaum

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Arunoda Susiripala