Found this discussion on the lists from last year:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/nodejs/YoHblrE8JJM but
it appears as though the discussion stalled.

One of the comments says it's pretty easy to re-route console output which
is true, but what do you do in the instance that your logging framework of
choice is also logging to console? Surely you shouldn't have to sift
through looking for what to keep and what to throw away/reformat...or am I
looking at this the wrong way?