Yeah that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid too Matt. I hate it when libs
indiscriminately fill up my logs with no easy way to control the
verbosity/formatting of their messages.

Is there anything like SLF4J for node? That way you could simply set the
logging implementation at the module level and be done with it.