Here's nearly the same module I wrote some time ago.
https://github.com/tblobaum/directory similarly it requires all files
in a directory (or you can require a different directory which has the
added benefit of respecting a package.json there) but it will never
require the file that invokes it.

I guess the main difference is that with `directory` you get a
synchronous callback loop for your files as well as an object hash.

Isaac,

The motivation for `directory` came from a few different potential use
cases, but if I remember right I think one of them was to reduce the
number of exports calls needed in some cases. Sometimes an index or
intermediary exports file can have a few dozen exports that all have
basically the same pattern.