Is there a way to create a user but limit that user from being accessed by
anyone other than the root system user that's logged in locally? E.g, the
user must be logged in as "root" to the mongod server, and then they can
use username "xyc" with password "xyz".

I'm reading through the permission documents but I can't find a reference
to local system users as an external source. Can someone tell me if this is
possible and/or point me to some documentation for implementing it?