thank you very much for your helpful answers, in fact I'm doing a research
on all Nosql technologies and Cloud data management systems in order to
develop
a system for my particular highly heterogeneous data. That's why I need to
know what each of them can offer and what are the potential limitations.
I saw some people using Datastore but they have a replica for there data on
a RDBMS only to process ad-hoc queries. So thank you vry much for the
BigQuery link
I didn't hear about it before.

As it's an interesting discussion (I hope for you too), do you think that
the other NoSql (hbase, Hive, cassandra ) have the same problem of
ad-hoc queries and so can we use BigQuery with those databases or it's
designed for google projects?

Regards
Baraa