I don't see the point of the exercise other than it proves that not putting the result of an operation back into the same register reduces the latency slightly for your processor (whatever it is?); I suspect that if you used any other register such as the unused AX register rather then the R11 register, the results would be the same.

What would be interesting is to compare the run time on your processor with the same eratspeed program written in golang using version 1.7beta1 with and without array bounds checks.