. So for this tight loop, golang is still slower than optimized C/C++
. code, but not by very much if array bounds checks are disabled.
It appears you're well versed in the x86 process instruction set and
code generation. Could you may be offer help to the folks working on
improving the code generation backend of the gc compiler?
I am a machine language and assembler programmer from over 40 years ago, but have little knowledge of writing compiler backends, and while I know what kind of optimizations they make, I have no experience in actually writing programs to achieve those optimizations. Thus I would not likely to be able to make significant contributions to the gc backend other that to make comments on what I see in the generated output as here.