I have a server program that is listening to connections, creating a new
goroutine for each connection.

A client program connected to the server, and triggered a runtime Panic
because a bug in one of my function (Index Out-of-Range error).

The problem is that the server did not crash. It just "froze" because a
deadlock occurred.

I have always thought that a runtime panic would always crash the program,
but it is not the case if other goroutines are still active.

Here is a simplified example:

https://play.golang.org/p/wb7ugVhiSr

This sample program doesn't crash and continues to print "tick" on the
screen, although an "Index Out-Of-Range" error occurred int he "Print()"
method.

No stacktrace is displayed, which makes it hard to imagine that a trivial
Index Out-of-Range error has occurred.

Is it expected behaviour, or should this be changed ?

Any opinion ?