Hi ksug,
Thanks another good points that I'd miss these points.

I could negotiate with my co-workers and explain why we'd better to use
these useful package.

Thanks!

2016年5月19日木曜日 3時08分43秒 UTC+9 ksug:
There's nothing wrong with using 3rd party packages if you and your team
apply some common sense heuristics.

Some ideas already floated in this thread are great. I'll add mine:
- Does your team know what to do if Github suddenly stops working
tomorrow?
- For obscure packages, are you able/willing to spend a reasonable
amount of time to understand everything the package does?
- Do you and your team know what to do if the package maintainer ignores
you?
- Do you agree/tolerate the maintainer/community's major decisions such
as API breaking and acceptance/refusal of features?

Every yes the each question is more reason to use a 3rd party package.