On Wednesday, 11 May 2016 08:54:53 UTC+3, Pat Farrell wrote:
On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 2:30:06 PM UTC-4, Egon wrote:

s. Basically, there is no universal solution and the best solution
depends where it will be used. If there's not used somewhere, means there
is no way to design a good event library.
The event library and the UI library will always form a whole, i.e. you
cannot design one without the other. Of course a UI library will need to
take into account several real-world applications to ensure good design...

Sadly, in my 30+ years of writing GUI applications on many platforms and
in many languages, I've seen a lot more poor libraries with poor design
being used by many developers.
Do you remember any interesting, special or some good ideas from some of
them? Or parts that you really liked?

I think it will be interesting to see how such libraries evolve in go. I
love how simple go is, and how orthogonal its ideas are. Most GUI libraries
are examples of excessive coupling.