Yes, your interpretation is correct.
On 7 April 2016 at 19:31, Peter Waller wrote:

On 7 April 2016 at 07:35, Andrew Gerrand wrote:

No, the idea is to use request.WithContext passing a context that can be
canceled. req.Cancel will be deprecated in 1.7.
I was initially puzzled by this statement since req.Cancel was only just
introduced. But then I found this discussion which frames things better for
me:

https://github.com/golang/go/issues/14660

And I guess by "become deprecated" you mean, "no longer be the idiomatic
way to do things"? Right now we have no choice but to use req.Cancel, and
req.Cancel will remain compatible with future go code owing to the go 1
promise.