On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:
According to manual pages on my Linux system, 4 syscalls and
accompanying data types cover the whole semaphores thing.

So, this task appears to be tractable.
If you're using existing semaphores created by another process this is
true, but if you want to create your own semaphore you'll need to be
able to call sem_open(3) (for named semaphores; there are other
methods for closing, unlinking, creating unnamed semaphores, etc.).

I assume this is what he's asking about, and it would probably make
sense to stick something like that in x/sys/unix.

—Sam

A full list (I think?) would include:

- sem_open(3)
- sem_wait(3)