Just for your info :
http://play.golang.org/p/UKKOQuWZFj

Testing started at 19:42 ...
testing: warning: no tests to run
PASS
BenchmarkSlab-4 20000000 110 ns/op 0 B/op
        0 allocs/op
BenchmarkClassicMake-4 1000000 1126 ns/op 4096 B/op
        1 allocs/op
BenchmarkSyncPool-4 20000000 95.1 ns/op 32
B/op 1 allocs/op
ok cmd/slab/bench 5.471s

Le dimanche 28 février 2016 15:07:35 UTC+1, oju...@gmail.com a écrit :
Disclaimer: I am a shameless fanboy of Go garbage collector. Sorry for
that.

Up to version 1.4 the GC was good enough for all but the more extreme
cases, when it could stop the world for some seconds.
In version 1.5 it got pretty good even for those extreme cases. Not
humanly perceptible pauses anymore.
In version 1.6 it got even better, believe it or not, to the point you can
use Go for real time applications like stock trading, for instance.

That said, the alternative approach you suggests, Andy, can be useful in
some circumstances, as Egon so aptly explained.