On 11/01/16 20:28, Damian Gryski wrote:
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 6:14:04 PM UTC+1, alb.do...@gmail.com wrote:

Yep, that's a bug. See https://github.com/golang/go/issues/13907
<https://github.com/golang/go/issues/13907>

I had mentioned a while ago on Twitter how interesting it would be to
use a bunch of the major bigint libraries to cross-check eachother. A
combination of fuzzing (to generate inputs with good coverage) and
verifying the results match between Go, gmp, OpenSSL, etc...
That is a really good idea.

Though I'm reminded of Knuth talking about generating test cases for
Algorithm D (long division) in The Art of Computer Programming Vol 2
"Seminumerical Algorithms" and about how unlikely some of the code paths
are and how difficult it is to generate test data for them, so you might
be waiting a very long time for fuzzing to cover the code. (Sorry don't
have the book to hand for a more accurate reference.)

--
Nick Craig-Wood <nick@craig-wood.com> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick