It's a known problem.
Se discussion on https://github.com/golang/go/issues/7872

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 8:48:02 PM UTC+1, Travis Keep wrote:

Just curious, is there an architectural reason that the JSON encoder is
not streaming?
On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 11:40:18 AM UTC-8, Caleb Spare wrote:

I am writing this post because it seems that the GO JSON encoder is not
a truly streaming encoder.

No it isn't, nor does it claim to be (that I can find).

The encoder marshals (and buffers) an entire object at a time. If you
have a slice of 10k items you want to send as a JSON array, you can do
the array encoding yourself: send a "[", then encode each item with a
"," in between, then a final "]".

http://play.golang.org/p/NTLgY2CRXp

-Caleb