I have an interface in package “foo”. The compiler is making sure my
struct in package “bar” implements the interface, but I’d also like to have
a standard set of test code in “foo” can that be used by any implementer to
more fully test the behavior of functions. The test code would live in
“foo”, but would be called by tests is “bar” (or “baz”, next
implementation, ...). I can’t seem to do this if the standard tests in
“foo” are in files named "_test.go". Other file naming schemes do work,
but I wondered if there was some way for this code to live in normal
"_test.go" files while still being importable by another package’s tests.

Or... maybe this interface testing approach is more generally flawed?

Thanks,

Jim