On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 12:47 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
I was wondering about the options I have in golang to protect the binary.
I have an experimental service which I want to limit the usage per
registration and to limit period of time that it is being used.
I would also want to limit the distribution of the software from machine to
machine and even VM's.
I know it's a complex issue and I do not have any experience with it.

What I am looking for is either library that does that already or references
to ideas and other implementations.
I had in mind that I will might need some special code or special online API
for some of the actions.
Basically the service should be able to access the Internet ALL the time so
I was thinking about fetching some of the runtime from the Internet but I do
not know how it will be possible with Golang.
There is no current support for linking separate code directly into
the process, but you could, for example, fetch an executable. Or you
might be able to use cgo to write a little C wrapper that uses
dlopen/dlsym. Or you could just contact something on the Internet;
there's no effective difference. In fact, it's really simpler and,
for your customers, less frustrating, these days to provide your
service as an Internet API, in which case it's fairly easy to impose
whatever controls you like. Just my personal opinion, of
course--there is nothing in Go that prohibits you from taking whatever
approach you prefer.

Ian