Does this generics guide you into good design?
What exact problems does it exactly solve for you?

For me, it is overall freedom question.
Let's the choice to the persons that want to use generics or not.
why to reject this generic feature if we can add it as orthogonal thing
without harmful impacts on other things (e.g. compilation time and so on).

Jérôme