when i browsing the code there are 3 reasonable cases for asm:

    1. system call, go standard lib need it to interact with the kernel
    2. to break Go access mechanism. at some point you will need it.
    3. for some atomic operation only available through asm.

Eric

在 2015年9月24日星期四 UTC+8上午11:32:49,Jeff写道:
This may be a dumb question, but could someone explain to me why both
exist?
Maybe I just have an incorrect understanding, but I thought they both did
the same thing (with different semantics) and that the end result is
machine code, so why both?

Comments or links appreciated.
I am coming from a .net background.
Thank you.