I don't have access to those devices so I cannot investigate. From
here I would look for any configuration differences between your
Samsung device and one of your working devices. Possibilities:

- do you have the appropriate permission in your AndroidManifest.xml?
- does the OS have some kind of added firewall software?
- are you connecting over wifi or attempting to use some other network?
- can you connect from Java?