I've referenced this thread from https://github.com/golang/go/issues/12580
where I'm gathering notes on some similar requests which I suspect will
share a general solution.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Daniel Speed wrote:

I'm looking for a way to establish what IP address a golang http client
tried to establish an http connection to when making a request, in order to
add extra information to logs (particularly for debugging CDNs with global
edge servers and geoDNS etc). Obviously this information is needed for both
the errors and completed responses.

Is this information already there, or is there an elegant route to adding
it?