On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Caleb Spare wrote:
To put it another way, I think your idea is a vision of a much more
convenient way of writing functions in .s files, but it only really
helps with use cases that could be accomplished with asm functions
today.

OTOH, perhaps most people's uses for intrinsics fit this description.
Well, yes, the examples I have in mind fit that description.

Do you have concrete examples of the contrary? I skimmed the mail
thread again but didn't see complete examples. (Sorry if I missed
them).

If it's that calling atomic.AddUint64 or BSF are function calls and
not inlineable, see Dan Eloff previously quoting Russ Cox on
inlineable assembly. What does the code around the BSF call look like?
Would a separate tool not work?