+golang-dev (maybe golang-nuts was the wrong choice)
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Aaron Jacobs wrote:
Hi all,

I'm attempting to fix up the autogenerated syscall-related files in
golang.org/x/sys/unix. The darwin/386 and darwin/arm ports are giving me a bit
of grief, in that I can't find any way to generate code for them on a modern
Mac (which seems like an unhealthy place to be if it's not just my failing).

Can anybody help me with a bit of context on these questions?

1. https://golang.org/doc/install doesn't list 386 support for darwin. I assume
this port used to be supported but no longer is, given that Apple stopped
selling 32-bit Macs awhile ago. Does it make sense to remove support for this
in golang.org/x/sys/unix? That may not be as bad as it sounds, since the
standard library syscall package would still presumably support the port.

2. What is the difference between the arm and arm64 ports -- is it a matter of
32-bit vs. 64-bit iOS devices? If so, is there a way to install a 32-bit iOS
SDK for regenerating the files for darwin/arm on a modern Mac? (If not: same
question as above about dropping support.)

Thanks,
Aaron