On Friday, August 28, 2015 at 3:54:52 PM UTC-7, James Aguilar wrote:
Not really. Let's try again from the top:
All of what you said is true, though not directed to the crux of the
problem I miserably tried to state in my OP which thankfully that Tim K
correctly deduced and pointed out the correction for. What Jesse McNelis pointed
out is key: whether X implements Y is not solely determined by the
functions on X and the method set of Y. Rather, whether X implements Y is
evaluated dependent on the pointer/value type of each instance assignment.
It is a small nit, maybe even an odd way of looking at the problem, but
that is what what I was missing.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your time in answering and apologize for the
misleading question.

Thanks to all.