Yes, that is exactly what I want -> the direct embedded Mutex without
breaking the implementation of Y. I thought I had tried that solution, but
apparently not.

Is there an intuitive way of explaining how/why that works - I hate to
admit that I was almost to the point of just throwing *s and &s at it ;)