You've got two options:

         t, err := template.ParseFiles("template.html")
         if nil!=err {
                 panic(err)
         }
         t.Execute(os.Stdout, nil)

In this case, because the template is the result of .ParseFiles, the
template t holds the 'template.html' template.

On the other hand, you can also do this:

         t, err := template.New("").ParseFiles("template.html")
         if nil!=err {
                 panic(err)
         }
         t.ExecuteTemplate(os.Stdout, "template.html", nil)

Here your template 't' will be named "", and the parsed files will be named
sub-templates, named after the _file name without directory_ : so a
template "templs/a.html" will be named "a.html".

If I just do 't.Execute', the template t will be executed, but it is empty.
So I need to name the template I want to execute - hence ExecuteTemplate.

Note in both cases the final parameter to .Execute or .ExecuteTemplate is
the data. I'm passing nil because my template doesn't need any data, but in
any real-world application you'd want to be adding data.

All the best,
Craig