Back to the original question: use float as key for a map is very
dangerous. You will encounter a lot of subtle problems, not only NaN, but
also rounding up, approximations, etc. It is not encourage to compare two
floats for equality. While for the map, when we lookup, we are using
equality checking, which is not encouraged. So, never, ever use float as
key of a map please.