On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Roberto Zanotto wrote:
Do you have ideas on how a GUI toolkit could be structured in Go (maybe even
some link to interesting readings)?
Here is some interesting reading: "A Concurrent Window System" by Rob
Pike. https://swtch.com/~rsc/thread/cws.pdf

Although, like any program, it's possible to overuse channels and goroutines.

For a concurrent window system, where each window is relatively
independent, the model can work well. But I'm not sure if it's a good
fit for every button and text box to have its own goroutine, if e.g.
clicking a button should modify the text box state. It might be a good
fit, if done well, but it might not be. I don't think it's proven
either way yet.