Hello,

I have some code which looks like this:

package main

import (

"fmt"

)

func main() {

a, b := make(chan string), make(chan string)

go func() { a <- "a" }()

go func() { b <- "b" }()

for {

select {

case s := <-a:

fmt.Println("got", s)

case s := <-b:

fmt.Println("got", s)

The code is modified based on the code in this
<http://talks.golang.org/2013/advconc.slide#29> presenation. When I compile
the code above and run the program I get this error message:

got a
got b

fatal error: all goroutines are asleep - deadlock!

goroutine 1 [select]:

main.main()

C:/Dev/Misc/Go/goprojects/src/Scratch/main.go:13 +0x564
The reason for creating this thread is now not to lament about the fatal
error. What I'm interested in is to understand how Go detects that all
goroutines are asleep. Is this simply a timeout that goes off?

Thanks, Haddock