Thanks Jan. If I get it right you are saying that what Go detects in this
case is a "global deadlock", e.g. no activity at all. Right?

Am Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2015 13:36:25 UTC+2 schrieb Jan Mercl:
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:55 PM Haddock <ffm...@web.de <javascript:>>
wrote:
Is this simply a timeout that goes off?
I haven't checked how the runtime detects this, but:

if len(listOfRunningGoroutines) == 0 && len(listOfGoroutinesReadyToRun) ==
0 {
// We have a deadlock as all goroutines must be in the
// listOfBlockedGoroutines because the number of goroutines
// during the lifetime of a program is always > 0.
}

-j