Hi golang-nuts,

I tend to use printf debugging when trying to figure out what my code is doing,
sprinkling appropriate log statements throughout and then building and running
the program. This works quite well, even when I need to inspect what a package
I depend on is doing, except when that package is in the standard library.

Is there a typical setup that people use where "go test" on an arbitrary target
rebuilds its standard library dependencies from source each time it is invoked?
In particular, I want to stick a few logging calls into net/http, just for
explorative debugging.

I imagine this probably sounds like "clone the git repo and build your standard
library dependencies from HEAD", but I'm failing to find instructions for how
to set up that workflow.

Thanks,
Aaron