On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 6:20 AM, simon place wrote:
so, since there's really nothing to say an image has to be all the same
color type, just that its all SOME color, wouldn't it be better to have a
uniform-color-model-image subtype, and remove colorModel() from the image
interface?
The image.Image interface is frozen for the Go 1.x releases.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your motivating example, but I'd
use a color.RGBAModel. In your color highlight areas, return that
color (presumably a color.RGBA), and in your gray areas, have At
return that gray color converted to RGBA. If your gray color is c (of
type color.Gray), this is color.RGBA{c.Y, c.Y, c.Y, 0xff}.