On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Ruslan Khusnullin wrote:
Is there any special library or recipe with syscall library to check a password is valid for an OS user? I just want my server program to have no separate authentication system but make it on OS users list level. And I don't want to use any external program for this. I believe there should be a way, but still can't find anything. My target OS is Linux, but it would be cool to have it working in Darwin also.
The details of this are surprisingly OS and even distro specific. On
many GNU/Linux systems, what you need is PAM
(http://www.linux-pam.org/Linux-PAM-html/Linux-PAM_ADG.html). I see a
few Go libraries on http://godoc.org/?q=pam but I don't know their
quality.

Ian